FR Series Face Seal Fittings
- Metal-to-metal seal to provide perfect leak-tight service for working conditions from critical vacuum to high pressure
- Precision manufactured gasket to ensure best performance
- Test port at nut for easy leak testing
- Silver-plated female threads
- Standard surface roughness finished to an average of Ra 10 μin. (0.25μm) or electropolished to Ra 5 μin. (0.13 μm) optional
- All seal faces and male threads protected with plastic caps
- Every gland and body marked with size, material and heat code
- Sizes range from 1/16″ to 1″ and 6 mm to 18 mm
- Thread Specifications
|NPT||ASME B1.20.1,SAE AS71051|
|Unified||ASME B1.1, SAE J475|
- Working pressures shown in the catalogue are calculated according to ASME B31.1 at ambient temperature.
316L VAR SS
- Assemble the gland, nut, gasket and male nut as below. Finger tight the nut.
- For fittings the 316L SS and Nickel gaskets, tighten the nut 1/8 turn with a wrench while holding the male nut or the fitting body steady. Tighten the nut 1/4 turn for those with copper gaskets.
- Dimensions are for reference only and are subject to change.
- Over-tightening will damage the sealing beads and lead to possible leak.
- Utilise a new gasket for each assembly.
- Tungsten Inert Gas Welding (TIG) is recommended
- Always apply proper thread sealants on tapered pipe threads.
- Do not loosen or tighten fittings when system is pressurised.